Amazon is seeking a dynamic and motivated Account Executive in South Korea for the Amazon Global Selling business. The Account Executive will be responsible for identifying, targeting, and marketing Amazon’s global marketplaces to S. Korean Sellers of all sizes to grow the Seller’s business around the world. This person will be chartered with locating, targeting, marketing to and managing a pipeline of prospective S. Korean Sellers comprised of a mix of both high value and transactional Global Sellers. The primary goal of this role is to aggressively market to these Sellers the benefits of selling their products through Amazon’s global marketplaces to support the Amazon Global Selling business in meeting its account acquisition and output goals. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to assist in creating compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements.
Background on Amazon Global Selling: Amazon operates 18 online marketplaces worldwide that help businesses grow internationally no matter where they’re physically established. Through Global Selling, Korean sellers have direct access to 300M+ active customers worldwide & 1M+ Amazon business buyers. In recent Amazon letter to Shareholder, the Global Selling program (enabling SMBs to sell products across national borders) grew by over 50% in 2017. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Amazon’s vision is to offer the earth’s largest product selection and lowest prices for our customers. One way we deliver on this vision is by marketing to local country Sellers to persuade them to launch their products onto the platform thereby maximizing the quantity of items that they list while ensuring the highest quality of product images and information.
The ideal candidate will need to be agile in his or her approach and able to deal successfully with contacts at all levels while discussing the Global Selling on Amazon value proposition. Specifically, this person will be responsible not only for identifying, marketing to, and managing a pipeline of prospective S. Korean Sellers, but also supporting high value projects to help expand our global outreach. Additional projects include working closely with other Amazon product teams, category managers, and all other internal stakeholders in order to provide support in scaling our Global Selling outreach and bringing unique selection to all Amazon platforms in North America, Europe and Asia.
Core Responsibilities For This Role Include
- Analyze customer data and make recommendations to the Amazon Global Selling business. Execute successfully on the marketing and business development plan recommended.
- Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the Sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
- Prospect business leads and distribute these leads to Amazon’s global marketplaces to assist the Global Selling business in achieving its quarterly quota targets for both the quantity and quality of local country Sellers recruited.
- Understand and utilize Salesforce.com CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and status of prospective S. Korean Sellers as well as respond to business forecasts as communicated by the Global Selling business.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings and international markets.
- Prioritize and complete additional projects while continuing to market the Amazon Global Selling business to prospective new Sellers including competitive and marketplace analysis.
- Meet or exceed goals and operational metrics.
- Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Global Selling service to S. Korea Sellers.
- Engage with Sellers to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Amazon Services product set.
- Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Amazon products along with the features and functionalities.
- Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Amazon Global Selling business.
- 2+ years of successful sales experience, preferably in the e-Commerce, retail technology or software industries
- Demonstrated success in exceeding marketing/business development/sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Highly analytical with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity, and strong learning agility
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Korean and English
- BA/BS degree
- Ability to work with legal, product, and other internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Global e-commerce experience
- Experience using analytical, marketing, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, Salesforce or other CRM tools, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Success managing large account portfolios
- Track record of successfully scaling business campaigns
Company - Amazon Services Korea LLC
Job ID: A1789796
Sales, Advertising, and Business Development
IT Services and IT Consulting, Computer Software, and Internet Publishing