About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Goldman Sachs is one of the world’s leading investors in alternative investments. With over 30 years of experience, we invest in the full spectrum of alternatives, including private equity, growth equity, credit, real estate, infrastructure, ESG, and absolute-return strategies. Our clients access these solutions through our direct proprietary strategies, customized strategic partnerships, and open-architecture programs. Our alternative investment teams represent over 1,000 professionals, across 31 offices around the world. We leverage the depth and breadth of global relationships across Goldman Sachs to identify investment opportunities, drawing on our firm-wide capital market insights, industry research, and risk management platforms. We extend these capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, family offices and individuals, for which we invest or advise on over $300 billion of alternative investments.
Businness Unit Overview
The Real Estate Investing and Lending group provides investment and asset management services in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions and external parties as appropriate. Our work is multi-dimensional covering key markets, industry sectors, product types and geographies. If you’re passionate about real estate and finance, have strong analytical skills and are a great communicator who is eager to make an impact, this could be the right opportunity for you.
- The real estate division of the Principal Investment Area invests in both debt and equity instruments, predominantly through private investments
- Asset management of investments in the RE platform across loans and equity
- Seeking team players with strong communication skills and work ethic, with the ability to collaborate with a local and global teams and external partners and consultants
- Role will also involve analysing various real estate investment opportunities working hand in hand with the acquisition team
- Asset Management
- Asset management of investments, including real estate equity and loan positions
- Oversight of operating partners to drive strategic outcomes on the RE plan
- Direct communication and frequent interaction with internal GS teams, joint venture partners, lenders, trust banks, sellers, brokers, lawyers, consultants, and accountants
- Financial modeling, PowerPoint presentations, and various internal memorandums / reporting
- Evaluate and underwrite potential investment opportunities with our capital partners within the firm
- Structuring of transactions with focus on cost efficiency, legal, tax, and compliance issues
- Closing execution / documentation of transactions
- Minimum 2 or more years of experience in relevant industry
- Business level English speaking, reading, and writing
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Logical thinker and fluid communication skills
- Understanding of basic corporate finance (NPV, IRR, etc.)
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more https//www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Sales and Management
IT Services and IT Consulting, Computer Software, and Financial Services