Our Clinical and Pharmacovigilance teams manage studies to provide the safety and efficacy data required for regulatory approval of potential new drugs, vaccines and new indications for existing products. We ensure we conduct high quality clinical trials by integrating state-of-the-art technology and applying rigorous scientific and ethical standards.
Join us in our mission to INVENT the future. Let’s be part of our team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Apply now as Associate Clinical Research Associate to be based in South Korea.
- Acts as primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites.
- Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
- Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with ICH-GCP, Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan and associated documents.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
- Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
- Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
- Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure
- Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased
- Subjects’ right, safety and well-being are protected
- Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits and records clear, comprehensive and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
- Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out.
- Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct, recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections and overall site performance.
- Identifies, assesses and resolves site performance, quality or compliance problems and escalates per defined CRA Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with CRM, PLM and RCPM.
- Manages and maintains information and documentation in CTMS, eTMF and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines.
- Contributes to CRA team knowledge by acting as process Subject Matter Expert, buddy/mentor and sharing best practices as appropriate/required.
- Supports and/or leads audit/inspection activities as needed.
- Fluent in Local Languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and present technical information effectively.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current GCP/ICH & country clinical research law & guidelines.
- Good understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines and ability to work within these guidelines.
- Hands on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
- Proven Skills in Site Management including management of site performance and patient recruitment
- Demonstrated high level of monitoring skill with independent professional judgment.
- Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of various clinical IT applications on computer, tablet and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.
- Ability to understand and analyze data/metrics and act appropriately
Behavioral Competency Expectations
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management, problem solving skills
- Able to work highly independently across multiple protocols, sites and therapy areas.
- High sense of accountability / urgency. Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment.
- Works effectively in a matrix multicultural environment. Ability to establish and maintain culturally sensitive working relationships.
- Demonstrates commitment to Customer focus.
- Works with high quality and compliance mindset.
- B.A./B.S. with strong emphasis in science and/or biology
- Less than 2 years of direct site monitoring experience in a bio/pharma/CRO preferred.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who We Are
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What We Look For
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements
Valid Driving License
Number of Openings
Requisition ID R151883
Research, Science, and Health Care Provider
Veterinary Services, Biotechnology Research, and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing