Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, working as an Associate Project Engineer, you will be supporting engineering activities under the supervision of senior engineer in all types of projects sizes and complexities for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Cheonan, South Korea, providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will complete tasks cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Performing basic survey work, standard computations, analyzing basic design tasks, collecting data and supporting production of the engineering design (e.g. creates drafts for the project engineer to approve), assisting other engineers (preparation of permit applications, testing, drawings, computer aided design work, etc.), exercising judgment on limited details of work and on application of standard methods
- Identifying variation requests to support contract claims issuing
- Following work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost
- Supporting risk assessments and implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility, documents and handling technical risks according to mitigation guidelines
- Clarifying technical queries for customers, interacting with other staff and contractors within one’s scope of deliverables
- Collaborating with the supply chain function, reviewing vendor documentation, supporting preparation of RFQs, evaluation of proposals, maintaining the execution of projects, etc.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility, reporting process and tool inefficiencies, along with suggesting ideas for improvement
- 2-4+ years of experience in Auto tier1 or GI, working as project engineer with auto arc welding, heavy arc welding arc and spot welding, handling
- Sound knowledge of engineering techniques, processes and tools, including Solid Works, inventor, Catia
- A bachelor’s degree, majored in electrical, mechanical, automation related engineering discipline or any equivalences or a similar field
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to travel to domestic and/or international sites (>70%), having high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies
- Intermediate level in verbal and written English
- Certified industry electric engineer, electric engineer, or electric work engineer are preferred
- Flexible work practices
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Sick pay
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Engineering and Information Technology
Appliances, Electrical, and Electronics Manufacturing