We are building a virtual universe which fundamentally improves how people interact online.
Today, that means a powerful remote-social platform. We already have people working out of our office spaces, attending our virtual conferences, or going to school on our campus spaces. We have folks hosting everything from magic conventions to artist EP launches to Thanksgiving dinners, and even a few weddings.
The mission of Gather is to remove physical constraints on peoples' lives, and provide a virtual world which surpasses the real one in interconnectedness, personal touch, and expressiveness.
As a Brand Partners Associate, you will discover opportunities and then be able to make them happen. You will work with our team to find and build ways that Gather can help people connect, engage and interact online around the world.
The job duties below are wide-ranging and non-exhaustive, but don't worry—we'll work with you to figure out how you can fit into the role. The right person for this position will be self-motivated and a great communicator, and you'll be able to look at a problem, find the best solution, and then act on it diligently.
- Develop activations, cross marketing, promotions, and/or other partnership opportunities with companies or organizations outside of Gather
- Own entire projects, from conception to closeout, including planning, organizing, negotiating, and managing - all to make sure that Gather is shown in our best light and we deliver exceptional experiences (similar to past projects with Forbes, Magic the Gathering, and Amazon Prime Video)
- Identify new opportunities for partnerships and cultivate them into successful programs & partnerships, both with inbound and external contacts
- Identify and report on KPIs of existing partnerships - working to maintain or improve performance as needed
- Collaborate with our Service Partners and the rest of the partnership team to help push the boundaries of what Gather is capable of doing
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Exceptional written/verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Project/program management experience
- High personal agency with the ability to also work in a collaborative, team environment
- Manage time and tasks efficiently while staying well organized
- Demonstrate professionalism and discretion
- Seek help or clarification when needed, and offer support to others
- 2-3+ years experience in similar roles - brand activations, experiential/immersive marketing, experience design a plus
- Some technical/development experience
- Experience working in creative fields, social media marketing, or both
- Experience with media creation (stills, audio, or video production), a plus
- Experience with HubSpot, Google Analytics, Amplitude, a plus
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.
Marketing and Sales