Overview of the role:
As Communications Executive - South Korea you will be part of our worldwide Communications team, working closely alongside the other Communications Executive, research and sales teams based around the globe. The Euromonitor Communications team is an international team with centres in London and Chicago and a representative in most of our offices worldwide. The team promotes awareness of the Euromonitor International brand including developing strong relations with the international, national and trade press, gaining representation at trade events and conferences, producing multimedia items such as videocasts and webinars, maintaining a social media presence and creating integrated marketing campaigns. As part of the worldwide communications team you will be responsible for public relations and marketing of Euromonitor International through various means of communication including media relations, social media, multimedia, associations and event, e-mail and content marketing. This position is dynamic and fluid, and requires the ability to take on large and small scale projects quickly and efficiently.
Euromonitor International is the world leader in strategic business research and analysis. A recognised innovator, consistently out-performing our peers - we were Private Company of the Year 2013 and in 2014 won the Queen's Award for Industry - we now have offices in 12 countries with around 1,000 staff and a further 800 contributing analysts in over 80 countries around the world. We have come a long way from our beginnings in 1972 and our products now include our award-winning Passport database, consumer and industrial market reports, detailed city surveys, consumer surveys and books. We also have a flourishing Consulting division. Our reports, analysis and forecasts are considered essential reading by business leaders for their cutting-edge content, design and usability. Euromonitor's clients include the world's major multinationals, banks, consultancies, libraries and business schools.
- As the Communications executive, you will cover South Korea as your main market
- Maintain and grow relationships with major business and trade press in South Korea to ensure Euromonitor receives regular and wide-reaching press coverage in target media (both print and online sites)
- Identify and develop close relationships with key journalists from top press outlets in South Korea
- Work with Chicago Multimedia Producer in organising and recording videocast and podcasts
- Manage and produce webinars alongside Chicago Multimedia Producer
- Work with Chicago Communications team on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other social media contributions, maintaining and building upon our social strategy in the region
- Work with the London and Chicago in-bound marketing team to implement Euromonitor's content marketing strategy, managing a project from the initial idea stage through to executing a full global marketing campaign utilising Euromonitor's full communications tactics
- Identify, arrange and oversee participation in conferences, associations and trade shows Work with worldwide team and other offices in the region to provide mutual support when needed
- Outstanding opportunity to build public relations and communication strategies within Korea
- Fluent written and spoken Korean / English
- Tertiary level education: degree in marketing, communications or journalism an advantage
- Proven experience in public relations and marketing work, preferably with B-to-B experience
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. A writing test will be part of the interview process
- An eager, outgoing personality and a can-do attitude for working within a fast-paced environment
- Great opportunity to join a dynamic, global corporate communications team
Why work for Euromonitor?
We act with integrity
We are curious about the world
We are stronger together
We seek to empower
We find strength in diversity
International: Not only do we have a very multinational workforce in each office but we are all dealing with our 15 offices worldwide on a daily basis. With 15 offices globally there are regular opportunities for international transfer.
Hardworking but sociable: Our staff know how to work hard but also how to enjoy themselves! We pride ourselves on creating an appropriate work-life balance, with flexible hours and regular socialising including frequent after work meet ups, summer and Christmas parties and a whole range of sports and other groups to be involved with.
Committed to making a difference: We think that people are looking for something worthwhile in a company beyond the workplace. Our extensive Corporate Social Responsibility Programme gives each member of staff two volunteering days a year in addition to holidays. It sees us reaching out into the local community with our mentoring, group volunteering, and fundraising initiatives as well as supporting international charities through our website sales, matching staff sponsorship fundraising, and carbon offsetting all our flights, amongst many other activities.
Opportunities to grow: We offer extensive training and development opportunities at all levels. The vast majority of our managers and directors have been promoted from within and many have moved across departments as well as upwards. We pride ourselves on identifying and rewarding talent.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Euromonitor International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Public Relations, Marketing, and Writing/Editing
Marketing and Advertising, Market Research, and Online Media