Willis Towers Watson’s Investment Services line of business provides consulting and advisory services to Pension funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Endowments, Insurers, Foundations and Charities and Wealth Managers across the globe. It has its history steeped in actuarial and pension fund advisory and has grown over the past two decades into one of the most respected financial advisory firms to institutional investors.
Our work covers all aspects of the investment function and focuses on better equipping our clients to make good, well researched, well thought through investment decisions. In doing so, we help clients manage investment complexity, establish their risk tolerance and improve governance. We combine innovative thinking with capable execution so our clients can successfully balance risk and return.
We aim to act as an extension of the internal investment function (regardless of size, scale, sophistication and complexity), offering tailored and specialist expertise, through global, regional and local research and coverage of investment issues and approaches.
Our commitment to innovation and research means our clients gain access to the best investment ideas. We have one of the industry’s largest investment strategy teams with more than 120 associates with backgrounds in investment banking, asset management, finance and actuarial science. We also have more than 140 investment manager research professionals covering all asset classes from mainstream to alternative investments, including hedge funds and private equity.
With this deep specialist expertise, we turn innovative concepts into practical, independent advice tailored to meet our clients’ needs. Our services include: strategic setting of investment objectives, strategic asset allocation, investment management structures, manager selection, performance measurement and evaluation, investment manager monitoring, custodian selection, transition advice, statements of investment policy and global research services.
You will be expected to support the continued growth of the Seoul investment practice and will be responsible for winning, leading and managing investment consulting projects in Korea, providing first class investment advice covering governance, asset allocation, portfolio construction, and manager selection and monitoring advice. Your key responsibilities will include researching managers in Korea for corporate pension clients and overseas managers for Korean institutional clients. You will also be expected to work closely with other consultants and manager researchers in the region and globally.
- Deliver investment consulting services to Korean clients using Willis Towers Watson’s proprietary tools and research
- Meet project timelines (internal and external) with quality deliverables
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate issues to Head of Investments, Korea
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Interface with colleagues from other LOBs, (e.g., Retirement or Insurance) and regions on assignments that reflect the client’s broader business issues
- Perform technical check and review of work
- Contribute to clients’ success through applying technical expertise
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Contribute to the development of existing and new tools and approaches, and Willis Towers Watson's thought leadership and research
- Meet billable hours and sales goals as agreed
- Support the generation of new business and new ideas / opportunities
- Develop new business opportunities with Lead/Senior Investment Consultants
- Manage small client projects and expectations to ensure that projects are profitable
- Develop cooperative internal relationships with consultants from Willis Towers Watson's other LOBs to assure that client investment consulting issues are met
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
Finance and Sales
IT Services and IT Consulting, Insurance, and Financial Services