What is it?
It is a unique number for personal identification when customs clearance is made.
It can be used instead of resident registration numbers when reporting personal items for importation to prevent leakage of personal information.
What is it used for?
This is the era of direct overseas purchases by individuals. In the case of foreigners, import declaration is possible using a passport number or alien registration number.
However, it is safe to use your Personal Customs Code since there is a high risk of information leakage when a passport number or alien registration number is used.
How to acquire one?
- Access https://unipasss.custom.go.kr and select "Personal Customs Code" or access https://unipasss.custom.go.kr/csp/persIndex.do directly.
- Alien Registration Number
- A cell phone number or a Public Certification under your name
* Public Certification Service: electronic information or data issued by public certification authority with the aim of verifying identity when using electronic signature.
- Visit the closest office.
- Alien registration card or passport
- Application for issuance
* If you visit the customs office and register with your passport number, the customs office cannot authenticate your real name. In this case, it is not possible to search your number on the UNIPASS website after issuance.