Asset Management Real Estate
Asset Management Real Estate invests in real estate equity and debt, corporate equity and debt, growth equity and infrastructure worldwide. Consisting of over 900 professionals in 25 offices in 15 countries, our business operates on a global platform and we are one of the largest managers of private capital globally.
Asset Management Real Estate is one of the world’s leading real estate platforms with c$45bn of AUM. The group has a broad mandate and provides debt and equity capital to commercial real estate investors, developers and companies globally. Asset Management Real Estate invests in assets ranging from single properties to large portfolios, through senior mortgages, mezzanine debt and equity and delivers asset management services across the entirety of the lifecycle of the investment. Asset Management Real Estate leverages a team of investment professionals located around the world and strong regional market relationships to source, assess and make investments with a tailored local perspective.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
The successful applicant will be a member of Asset Management Real Estate, based out of Seoul, and will help underwrite and manage real estate equity and credit investments in South Korea. The applicant will work as part of small deal team, and be responsible for conducting due diligence on potential investments, performing valuation analyses, structuring, executing and monitoring investments. The applicant must have strong analytical skills with a proficiency in financial modeling and valuation and experience with investment committee processes. The candidate will be expected to work closely with other members of the team, helping generate and develop investment ideas, leading financial valuation analyses and due diligence assessments, driving investment committee processes and working on investment structuring and documentation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Your role will involve analyzing various real estate investment opportunities through all parts of the capital structure and across all traditional and alternative asset classes within real estate. This will also extend to helping formulate a thesis around a particular investment opportunity or strategy, working within the broad and flexible parameters of our investment mandate
- You will be expected to have strong analytical capabilities and presentation skills. The candidate should be up to date with macroeconomic conditions, as well as key drivers and fundamentals in major real estate asset classes
- Seeking ambitious team players with strong communication skills and work ethic, with the ability to generate and develop investment ideas and present to internal counterparts and external market participants.
- Analyze potential real estate investment opportunities
- Perform due diligence and valuation work across various real estate asset classes and capital structures
- Preparation of investment committee papers, in addition to any other internal / external presentation materials
- Supporting senior members of the team in structuring investments and making investment and asset management decisions
- Assist senior members of the team in the preparation of term sheets and reviewing transaction documentation
- Project management and team co-ordination
- Interface with external parties, including coordination of 3rd party advisors, financiers and operating partners, as necessary
- Working alongside asset management team members to support portfolio investments
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in areas such as private equity/credit (or other real estate investing/credit role), capital transactions, investment banking, management consulting, real estate investment management or real estate development
- Strong modelling (high proficiency in Excel), valuation and basic accounting skills
- Real estate valuation and investment management experience in both equity and debt
- Strong attention to detail and superior communication skills (written and verbal, English and Korean)
- Project management and presentation skills
- Creative thinkers with strong problem solving skills, and flexibility to adapt to different situations, market conditions and evolving strategies
About Goldman Sachs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you make you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Division Asset Management
Sales and Management
IT Services and IT Consulting, Computer Software, and Financial Services