Import License Requirements for Medicinal Plants
- In accordance with the Plant Protection Act, an importer shall report to the Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency and accompany a phytosanitary certificate, and cannot import fruits from prohibited area for import.
- In accordance with the Plant Protection Act, an importer shall file an import declaration of food and etc., with the director of a regional office of FDS.
- In accordance with the Wildlife Protection and Management Act, restricted items under CITES regulations as prescribed by the Consolidated Public Notice Annex Table 6 shall obtain the director of an environmental office (regional or basin)’s approval.
In accordance with the Pharmaceutical Act,
- For raw medicine and medicinal supplies, an importer shall file a criteria customs prediction report with the chairman of the Korea Pharmaceutical Traders Association,
- For importation of medicinal herbs, an importer shall obtain a certificate of clinical material collection issued by the Minister for Food and Drug Safety or a medicinal herb examination institution designated by the Minister.
※ To confirm whether goods can be imported, and for further details and etc., please contact the relevant institutions.
- Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency ☎031-467-1700, 031-449-0521, www.qia.go.kr
- Ministry of Environment Nature Resource Division ☎02-2110-6745, www.me.go.kr
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety customer service ☎1577-1255, www.kfda.go.kr
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety customer service (☎ 1577-1255, www.kfda.go.kr).