- The importation requirements for pet animals differ by the type of animals.
- But generally, in accordance with the Act on the Prevention of Contagious Animal Diseases, a person shall report to to the head of the Animal Quarantine Agency, and cannot import animals from prohibited area for import.
- For monkeys, cats, and dogs without a rabies inoculation certificate issued within six months from the date of entry, and a diagnosis from a veterinarian issued within ten days from the date of departure, import is prohibited.
- When an animal is subject to CITES Convention or is a wild bird or beast, then the importer shall obtain an additional import permission from the director of a regional environmental office or the Mayor/Do Governor (including the head of a Si/Gun/Gu with the authority delegated), and at the time of clearance, the head of a customs office verifies whether the importer meets the importation requirements.
* For further details on fulfilling the importation requirements and etc., please contact the relevant institutions.
- Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency 031-467-1700, 031-449-0521
- Ministry of Environment Nature Resource Division 02-2110-6745