1. Location of Application
Korean Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s country (or area) of residence.
The application must be submitted by a foreigner or a visa agency on behalf of the foreigner
3. Applicable Status of Stay (as of Dec.8.2014)
- A single-entry or multiple-entry visa for eligible applicants of Diplomat(A-1), Government Official(A-2) Visa
- A single-entry visa (with 90 days of duration of stay or less), for eligible applicants of - Short-term News Coverage (C-1), Short-term General (C-3) and Short-term Employee (C-4)
- A multiple-entry visa (with 90 days of duration of stay or less) for eligible applicants of Short-term News Coverage (C-1) and Short-term General (C-3) Visa who are citizens of countries that have multiple-entry visa agreements with Korea.
- Visas issued at the discretion of the head of a Korean diplomatic mission abroad, such as single-entry visa (with 90 days of duration of stay or less) for eligible applicants of Korean Arts and Culture (D-1) Visa who are planning to engage in cultural arts activities upon invitation of the Korea Foundation or from Korean Culture and Arts Committee
* Please refer to the Visa Navigator for more details
4. Required Documents
- Visa Application Form (application form No.17, or please click the ‘Application’ menu on the Visa Portal >> Fill out the electronic form)
- Photo (natural color, 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Fee (in U.S. dollars)- You can pay the fee in the currency of your own country only if you receive permission from the head of the Korean diplomatic mission in your country.
- Required documents for corresponding status of stayThe required documents mentioned on the Visa Navigator are of the minimum requirements.
Depending on the circumstances of one’s country, the head of the Korean diplomatic mission may request/exempt additional documents for further evaluation.
Therefore, in the case that required documents on the Visa Navigator do not match with those of the diplomatic mission, please follow the instructions and requirements provided by the respective diplomatic mission.
* For any other inquiries, please contact the consular affair Korean diplomatic missions in your country of residence.
Confirmation of Visa Issuance Application via Korean Immigration Offices
1. Location of Application
Korean Immigration Office that has jurisdiction over the area of the inviter’s residence
The application must be submitted by a foreigner or the sponsor/agency (E-9, E-10) on behalf of the foreigner
3. Applicable Status of Stay(as of Dec.8.2014)
- Long-term Korean Arts and Culture (D-1), Student (D-2), Industrial trainee (D-3), General trainee (D-4), Long-term News Coverage (D-5), Religious Worker (D-6), Intra-company Transferee (D-7), Corporate/Foreign investor (D-8), International Trade (D-9), Professor (E-1), Foreign Language Instructor (E-2), Researcher (E-3), Technical Instructor/Technician (E-4), Professional (E-5), Artists/Athlete (E-6), Foreign National of Special Ability (E-7), Non-professional (E-9), Maritime Crew (E-10), Family Visitor (F-1), Dependent Family (F-3), Miscellaneous (G-1), and Work and Visit (H-2) Visa for eligible applicants
- Long-term Visa for citizens of countries with no formal diplomatic relations with Korea, or just specific countries (i.e. Cuba, Syria, and Macedonia) designated by the Korean government.
- Other people recognized by the Minister of Justice as needed
* Please refer to the Visa Navigator for more details.
4. Required Documents
- Confirmation of Visa Issuance Application Form (Form No.21)
- Photocopy of passport pages
- Photograph (in natural color, size: 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Required documents for the corresponding status of stay- The required documents mentioned on the Visa Navigator are of the minimum requirements. The head of the immigration office may request/exempt additional documents for further evaluation.
- The employment certificate and a copy of the representative’s ID, and a letter of attorney are required if the representative applies on behalf of the applicant. (Representative’s application may be restricted when further evaluation is required)
6. Notification of evaluation results
You can check the result of your application – through “Application Status” via the Visa Portal, ARS (02-2650-6363), text message, or e-mail address you gave us.
7. Visa Issuance
- The sponsor (inviter) must download Visa application form (for the applicant) from “Application Status” on the Visa Portal, and send it to the applicant via email, or inform him/her of the number and expiry date of the confirmation of visa issuance.
- The applicant must receive Visa application form for the confirmation of visa issuance or its number (expiry date) from the sponsor in Korea in order to apply for his/her visa at the Korean Embassy or Consulate General.
Confirmation of Visa issuance is valid for 3 months and is effective for visa issuance just for once.
For any other inquiries, please contact the Immigration Contact center (+1345 without an area code or +82+1345 if you are calling from abroad).